Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for February is Easter Chocolate Muffin Nests
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
Easter Chocolate Muffin Nests #dinnermadelocal
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g milk chocolate (cut
- into small chunks)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 250ml milk
- 90ml rapeseed oil
For the topping:
- 225g icing sugar (sifted)
- 100g butter (softened)
- 2 tbs. cocoa powder
- 2 tbs. hot water
- Mini Easter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, GM 5. Put 10 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chunks.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, vanilla extract and milk then mix in the oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (until half full) and bake for 20-25 minutes then cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- To decorate, cut the top off of the muffins to leave you with a flat area to decorate. Beat the icing sugar and butter together. Blend the cocoa and water to a smooth paste and beat into the butter mix. Pipe over the top of the muffins and decorate with mini Easter eggs.
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce this Easter. Go on. treat yourself!
Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.