Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month is Lemon Meringue Roulade
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
The Bay Tree Lemon Curd Roulade - A naturally gluten-free pudding - the perfect springtime recipe that looks and tastes like sunshine!
Serves: 6 Approx Time: 45 mins
- 4 free range egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g The Bay Tree Lemon Curd (or local alternative)
- 175g double cream,whipped with 25g icing sugar
- Icing sugar, for dustings
- Preheat the oven to 175oC/GM 3.Grease and line a Swiss roll tin.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form when the whisk is lifted out of the mixture.
- Slowly whisk in the sugar, one spoonful at a time. Make sure that the previous spoon has fully combined before adding the next one.
- Spoon onto the Swiss roll tin, level the mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
- Dust a piece of greaseproof paper with icing sugar. Turn the meringue out of the tin and set aside to cool.
- Spread the lemon curd over the meringue, followed by the whipped cream.
- Whilst holding the greaseproof paper, carefully roll up the meringue lengthways into a roulade shape. Dust with more icing sugar and slice into portions to serve.
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself!
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.