Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for November is Butternut Squash Risotto
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
Butternut Squash Risotto
Serves: 4 Approx Time: 50 mins
- 1kg butternut squash (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 tbs. rapeseed oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- A handful of sage (freshly chopped or dried)
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 50g butter
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 300g risotto rice
- 125ml white wine
- A handful of pine nuts
- 50g parmesan (finely grated)
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. This delicious winter warmer is a great recipe idea when you fancy something that little bit different.
- Heat oven to 220oC/GM 7. Add the oil, squash and sage to a shallow roasting tin and roast for 40mins, until it is soft and brown in colour.
- In the meantime, bring the stock to the boil and simmer on a low heat. Then in a separate pan, melt half the butter, stir in the onions and sweat gently for 8-10mins (stirring occasionally). Mix the rice in with the onions and stir continuously until the edges of the rice grains start to look transparent. Add the garlic and pour in the wine and simmer until totally evaporated then add the stock. Stir over a low heat for 25-30mins, until cooked.
- When the squash is cooked, lightly purée half of it leaving the rest whole. Stir the purée through the risotto, add the cheese and butter and leave to rest for a few minutes. Serve scattered with the whole chunks of squash, pine nuts and fresh sage leaves (optional).
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself! Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at email@example.com In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.