Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for July is Rum & Raisin Ice Cream
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
Rum & Raisin Ice Cream
4 eggs, separated
100g caster sugar
300ml double cream
4 tbs. rum
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. With this easy, no-churn ice cream recipe, make an impact with minimum effort.
- Soak the raisins in the rum and leave for 2hrs.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form when you remove the whisk.
- Slowly add the caster sugar and continue to whisk until the egg whites turn stiff and glossy.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Beat the egg yolks then fold them, along with the cream and raisins soaked in rum, into the meringue mixture until well combined.
- Pour the whole contents into a plastic container and freeze for at least two hours.
If rum & raisin isn’t to your taste, have fun with the recipe and substitute with chocolate pieces, chopped ginger and syrup or raspberry purée,…the list is endless.
Serves: 6 Approx Time: 4hrs
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself!
Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at email@example.com In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.