Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for January is Sausage & Bean Casserole
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
Sausage & Bean Casserole
- 1tbs. rapeseed oil
- A pack of 6 pork sausages (preferably with a meat content over 75%)
- 50g pork belly (chopped into 1cm cubes)
- A small knob of butter
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (chopped into large chunks)
- 1 tbs. tomato puree
- 1 tin of cannellini beans (or chickpeas)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 200°C/GM 6. Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish on the hob. Add the sausages and pork belly and cook until brown all over. Reduce the heat on the hob to simmer.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and chop into three chunks each then return them to the pan. Add the butter and onion, cover with the lid and sauté for 5mins. Then, add the carrots, replace the lid and sauté for a further 3mins.
- Stir in the tomato purée and mix thoroughly. Add the beans, chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Cover with the lid, remove from the hob and place in the oven. Reduce the heat on the oven to 170°C/GM 3 and cook for 20mins.
- Roughly chop the rosemary and cover with the remainder of the oil. Add to the casserole then return to the oven for a further 10mins
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself! Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.