Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for March is Cheese Scones
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
- 225g self raising fl our
- 150ml milk (plus extra to brush the tops)
- 55g butter
- 100g Lye Cross Farm Red Leicester
- Pinch of salt
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Quick and easy to knock up, these delicious cheese scones are really versatile and they freeze well too.
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6. Grease a baking tray and dust with flour to stop the scones from sticking.
- Rub together flour, salt and butter until they become the consistency of fine breadcrumbs.
- Grate the cheese and mix in until evenly distributed throughout the flour mixture.
- Add the milk in four stages. You may not need to use all of it – you want it to be a firm dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and pat into a circle. Roll out to about 2cm thick, then cut out using a round biscuit cutter. Place on your baking tray and brush the tops with milk.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Best eaten fresh from the oven!
Use to soak up a hearty stew, or instead of a muffin with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Or simply toasted with melted butter. Delicious!
How about topping a cheesy scone with boiled bacon, steamed kale and parsley sauce for St Patrick’s Day?
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself!
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.