Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for August is Chicken Skewers
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
- 4 tbs. rapeseed oil
- 5 tbs. honey
- 5 tbs. soy sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 onions (cut into chunks)
- 2 red peppers (cut into chunks)
- A punnet of cherry tomatoes
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Pick up packs of our local chicken and local vegetables and get that BBQ burning.
- Put the oil, honey, soy sauce and pepper into a bowl and whisk together, pouring a small amount of the marinade into a separate container to later brush onto the kebabs while cooking.
- Place the chicken, garlic, onions, red pepper and cherry tomatoes into the bowl. Mix until everything is fully coated, then marinate in the fridge overnight (or for as long as you can).
- Fire up the BBQ. Remove the mixture from the fridge and piece by piece, thread the chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Then, discard the surplus marinade along with the garlic.
- Cook the kebabs for 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear, turning and brushing frequently with the marinade put by at the beginning.
If you’re using wooden skewers, remember to soak them first so that they don’t burn.
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself!
Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at email@example.com In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.