Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for September is Caramelised Onion & Apple Chutney
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
Caramelised Onion & Apple Chutney
Makes: 1L Approx Time: 1 hr 20mins
- 1 tbs. rapeseed oil
- 400g red onions - peeled and finely sliced
- 100g white onions - peeled and finely sliced
- 500g apples - peeled,cored and sliced
- 100g granulated sugar
- 200g demerara sugar
- 300ml red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- Salt to taste
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a pan and then gently cook the onions over a low heat until soft and semitransparent,stirring occasionally.
- Once the onions are cooked, add the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour stirring often.
- To sterilise your jars, heat the oven to 130oC/GM 1 and arrange the jars on the shelves (taking care not to place them too close to each other) and heat for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the jars from the oven and immediately spoon the cooked chutney into the hot jars and seal. Serve once cooled and store in a cool, dry place for up to 4 weeks.
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers.
This chutney is delicious as an accompaniment to cold meats and cheese, try it as a burger topping and in sandwiches too.
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself! Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.