Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of The Month
The Mole Valley Farmers Recipe of the Month for September is Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers
We love cooking and our recipes are a real hit with our families so why not try our recipes on yours? We have a new recipe every month so remember to pop back to pick up the new delicious recipe; you can download the recipe cards below. Did you know that you can search Our "Mmmmmmm Delicious" Pinterest board or our newsletters for previous recipes of the month?*
Blue cheese stuffed burgers
Serves: 4 Approx Time: 60mins
- 400-500g beef mince
- 4 tbs. blue cheese
- 1 red onion (peeled & diced)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled & finely chopped)
- 2 slices of bread (preferably crusts, few days old)
- 1 free range egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp. dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Pick up packs of our local beef mince, bacon and cheese in store to make this a guilt free pleasure.
- Fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat until soft. Blend the dry bread slices in a food processer until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix the mince and cooked onion and garlic with your hands, add the breadcrumbs and continue to mix. Then add the herbs, spices and egg, mix until fully combined.
- Shape the mixture into eight thin (5mm deep) round burgers, then wrap each burger in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15-30mins. Once chilled, place approx. 1 tbs of blue cheese between two burgers, press around the edges and re-shape to form one large burger. Repeat three more times then place back in the fridge for another 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C/GM 6. Grill the blue cheese stuffed burgers for 3mins on each side in a pan, then transfer to the pre-heated oven for approx. 8mins to cook through completely.
- Serve in sliced, lightly toasted rolls spread with your favourite sauce – we love Fussells FGS sauce - and lay on a bed of lettuce leaves and sliced tomato.
Simple & satisfying recipe
For an extra luxurious treat add more delicious blue cheese and a crispy rasher of bacon to the top of the burger before serving.
Mole Valley Farmers prides itself on supporting local food producers. Enjoy this tasty treat using our local produce, go on - treat yourself! Could you be the chef that inspires the next Mole Valley Farmers' Recipe of the Month?
We know that you all have your own tried and perfected family recipes, if you would like your recipe to feature as one of our recipes of the month why not send it to us at email@example.com In the meantime you can download the recipe cards below and cook up a storm in your kitchen.
*please note that any offers stated within previous newsletters are for the month of the newsletter unless stated.